WANTED: Police search for man wanted in two home burglaries in Fishers
FISHERS, Ind.—The Fishers Police Department is requesting the public’s help in identifying a suspect wanted in connection with two residential burglaries.
Police say both incidents occurred on Saturday, Oct. 22 in the 12000 block of Bridgewater Road.
The burglary suspect was caught on one of the home’s security surveillance cameras.
The suspect is believed to be a man in his 20’s to 30’s.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Det. Rodriguez at 317-595-3346 or Crime Stoppers at 317-262-8477.
Fishers Chief of Police Mitch Thompson recommends the following home safety tips to protect yourself from crime.
- Install exterior lights at all entrances. Consider motion detector lights.
- Install a wide-angle viewer on all exterior doors.
- Check who is at the door and do not open the door to anyone you don’t know.
- Install good locks on all doors and windows. Use those locks!
- Be sure locks on doors and windows can be opened quickly in case of fire.
- Leave a light on when you are not home. If you are on vacation, use a timer to control lighting.
- Don’t hide keys outside.
- Remove house keys from your keychain when your car is serviced.
- Talk with trusted neighbors. Keep an eye on their house and ask them to watch yours.
- Stop mail and newspaper delivery when you are away.
- Install an alarm system that will detect entry and notify police.
- Have your lawn mowed and snow shoveled when away.
- Close garage doors at night.
- Keep trees and bushes trimmed. Do not let plants block doors and windows.