Police investigate after Indiana firefighter finds tacks, nails in kids’ Halloween candy
FREMONT, Ind. – A firefighter in northern Indiana was shocked when he found tacks and nails in his children’s Halloween candy.
The Fremont Police Department shared pictures of the tainted candy on Tuesday, urging parents to check their kids’ candy before letting them eat it.
Two images show tacks embedded in the candy, and a third image shows a nail in a chocolate bar.
The firefighter told police he drove up to southern Michigan to take his kids trick-or-treating, and the Coldwater Police Department is investigating the incident.