Guns, electronics stolen from Johnson County home
JOHNSON COUNTY, Ind.– The Johnson County Sheriff’s office is investigating after several guns were stolen from a home.
The robbery occurred Monday at a home in the 1100 block of Hospital Road, very close to the sheriff’s office. The homeowner told police she arrived home and noticed things were out of place. Her husband had left the home around 6 a.m. and she left around 10 a.m.
Police were unable to find any indications of forced entry. A cigarette butt was found next to a door on the east side of the home.
Two pieces of furniture had been moved inside the home to remove a 60-inch television from the living room and a 42-inch television from the bedroom.
Several guns stored in the bedroom closet were also taken. Police put together a list of stolen items and collected DNA evidence before leaving the scene.
According to the list from police, the following items were stolen:
- Two televisions previously mentioned
- Black G-Shock watch
- Black golf GPS watch
- Six jars of miscellaneous coins
- Pillow cases and comforter
- Record and CD player
- Kindle and iPad Air 2
- Smith & Wesson stainless steel pistol
- Hawls .22 revolver with holster
- Indiana hand gun permit
- $1,000 worth of ammunition
- Mossberg 71st .22 long rifle
- Remmington 870 12-gauge with case
- Revelation model 330
- Ruger SR-22 long rifle
- Ruger 9mm
- Two credit cards that have since been turned off