Kitchen appliance fire listed as cause of incident at Scottish Rite Cathedral

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. –One of the city’s oldest structures, the Scottish Rite Cathedral located at 650 North Meridian Street, was the site of a fire run Thursday morning just after 6:00 a.m.

Firefighters were called to the building on the report of smoke showing but upon arrival, found the cause of the call-out to be in the basement area where an appliance reportedly caught fire.

Water lines were quickly ran into the area and the problem was quickly corrected.

No injuries were reported and no damage has been listed by either IFD or by Scottish Rite officials.

The cathedral is 90 years old, having been built-in 1927 and was placed on the National Registry of Historic Places in 1983.

 

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.