Humane society issues warning after 5 Indiana dogs poisoned by hamburger soaked in antifreeze

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DEKALB COUNTY, Ind. — A humane society in northern Indiana is warning pet owners after multiple dogs were poisoned and killed by hamburger soaked in antifreeze.

The Dekalb Humane Society posted the warning to their Facebook page on Thursday. According to the humane society, someone in the Garrett area (near Fort Wayne) has been going around and leaving hamburger soaked in antifreeze in areas that are accessible to dogs.

Five dogs have died at veterinary clinics around the area after consuming the poisonous meat. The humane society says police are investigating each incident, but at this time, they do not have any suspects.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.