Police say careless smoking around medical oxygen caused fatal Zionsville fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ZIONSVILLE, Ind. – Police say “careless smoking around in home medical oxygen” caused Tuesday’s house fire that killed a 67-year-old woman.

Investigators believe the fire in the 700 block of N US 421 was accidental in nature and it originated in the home’s center bedroom.

Firefights were able to pull the victim, Susan E. Cutright, out of the home, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police say Cutright’s family has created a memorial fund at Old National Bank to help pay for expenses associated with the fire. Those wishing to help can visit any ONB branch and make a deposit to the Susan Cutright Benefit Account.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.