Indianapolis fire crews rescue brothers, dog in early morning apartment fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -Residents at one building of the Farmington Lake Apartments just west of Franklin Road were awaken to firefighters putting out a hallway fire on the third floor of their unit early Tuesday morning.

According to fire officials,  a call to IFD was reported just before 3:00 a.m. when a fire was discovered in the hallway of the third floor unit.

Smoke was thick enough from the fire in the hallway that firefighters had to rescue two brothers and a dog from a ladder outside of their apartment unit.

Only one unit sustained serious damage and displaced two people and their pet.

Damage has been listed around $5,000 as the investigation continues.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.