Frayed cord on cell phone charger sparks Bartholomew County house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BARTHOLOMEW COUNTY, Ind. – Firefighters are warning others about the dangers of using cell phone chargers with frayed cords after a house fire in Bartholomew County on Tuesday.

Crews from multiple fire departments were called to a home in Hope, Indiana after a fire started in the resident’s bedroom. When crews arrived, flames were shooting through one of the windows.

The fire caused between $50,000 and $70,000 in damages to the home. No one was injured.

Officials believe the fire was caused by a frayed cord on a phone charger in the bedroom between the pillows on the bed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.