WATCH:’Honoring Peyton Manning’ special ahead of #18’s big weekend
No Indianapolis Colts fan will ever forget Peyton Manning, the first-round draft pick whose on-field success changed the way people thought about the city of Indianapolis.
Manning, who spent 14 seasons with the Colts, will be honored this weekend. It starts Saturday with the unveiling of his statute in front of Lucas Oil Stadium–a venue often referred to as “The House That Peyton Built.” Manning will then be inducted into the Colts Ring of Honor during halftime of Sunday’s game against the 49ers. His No. 18 jersey will be retired, meaning no Colts player will wear 18 ever again.
All this week, we’ve been sharing stories about Manning’s legacy in Indianapolis. On Friday, we’ll bring you special coverage as we look back on his storied career. We’ll reminisce with former teammates, look at his contributions off the field and talk to the man tasked with making Manning’s statue come to life.
Don’t miss our Indy Sports Central special, “Honoring Peyton Manning,” Friday at 7:30 p.m. on FOX59. We’ll also stream the program live on FOX59.com, the FOX59 app and Facebook.
More Peyton Manning coverage:
- Manning delivered TD passes to 36 different Colts
- Adam Vinatieri says Manning’s drive to win ‘almost ruthless’
- Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital thanks No. 18 with video
- Colts set to unveil bronze statue of Peyton Manning outside Lucas Oil Stadium
- Brandon Stokley reflects on ‘magical’ 2004 season, record-breaking TD catch
- Reggie Wayne discusses Peyton Manning’s dedication to preparation
- Peyton Manning ‘incredibly honored’ as Colts prepare for statue unveiling
- Colts plan week full of events ahead of Manning’s statue reveal