RECIPE: Lemon Drop Cookies
Lemon Drop Cookies
- 1 box (15.25 oz.) Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup Kroger vegetable oil
- Zest of 1 very large lemon
- Powdered sugar (at least 2 cups for rolling lemon balls)
- 1 ½ to 2 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 – 1 ¾ cups Kroger powdered sugar
In a large bowl, mix cake mix, oil, eggs and lemon zest with a fork or wooden spoon. Refrigerate dough 1 hour. Place at least 2 cups powdered
Heat oven to 350⁰F. Using a small cookie scoop (2 teaspoon size), drop cookie dough balls into powdered sugar. With hands, lightly roll and form into perfect ball, about 1-inch in size, covering completely with powdered sugar. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake 8-9 minutes, until set, with barely a hint of brown on edges. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely. While cookies cool, make glaze in a medium bowl, adding just enough lemon juice to powdered sugar to make a glaze you can drizzle easily across/on top of cookie. Once glaze hardens, store cookies in tightly covered container in cool, dry place.
Makes about 36 cookies.
Recipe by culinary registered dietitian nutritionist Kim Galeaz, RDN CD