INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.– Police arrested an Indianapolis man after serving a search warrant at his home Tuesday.
Officers conducted a home visit in the 3600 block of North Layman Avenue to check on Charles Smith Jr., 57. While at the home, they saw evidence of drug dealing. After getting a search warrant for the residence, officers found drugs, body armor, ammunition and cash.
IMPD Criminal Interdiction detectives seized the following items:
- 57.61 grams of suspected powder cocaine separated into two one-ounce baggies, approximately
- One large baggie containing several ounces of a white powder
- Approximately 21.8 grams a rocky white powder
- One set of upper torso body armor
- One box of 9mm ammunition
- $6,130 in cash
Smith was arrested on charges of dealing cocaine and possession of cocaine. A booking photo for Smith was not immediately available.