RECIPE: Hawaiian Baked Beans
Hawaiian Baked Beans
- 1 package (20 oz.) Kroger Private Selection Applewood Smoked Thick Sliced Center Cut Bacon, cooked to desired crispness and crumbled or chopped
- 5 cans (15.5 oz. each) Kroger Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (20 oz.) Kroger Pineapple Tidbits in pineapple juice, drained
- 2 ½ cups finely chopped onion
- 2 bottles (18 oz. each) Sweet Baby Ray’s Hawaiian Style Barbecue Sauce
- 1/3 cup teriyaki baste and glaze (Kikkoman)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons favorite stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 2 ½ teaspoons Kroger Private Selection Six Chili PowderHeat oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir lightly until blended. Pour in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish coated with vegetable cooking spray. Bake 45 minutes, or until bubbly and heated throughout. Refrigerate leftovers in a tightly covered container.
Makes about 12 cups (17 servings of 2/3 cup each)
Recipe created by culinary registered dietitian nutritionist Kim Galeaz, RDN CD