All westbound lanes of I-465 on southwest side back open following construction
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Good news for commuters! INDOT reopened all westbound lanes of I-465 between I-65 and SR 37 on the southwest side.
INDOT says crews completed the following on I-465 during the closure:
- Pavement removal and replacement and concrete bridge approach replacements at 4 bridges
- I-465 over Kentucky Ave./SR67
- I-465 over State Ditch
- I-465 over White River
- I-465 over Harding St./SR37
- Bridge joint replacements
- Asphalt and concrete pavement patching
INDOT says by fully closing the eastbound lanes for 7 days and the westbound lanes for 8 days, crews were able to expedite work and significantly reduce the time needed to complete the project.
This completes the $10.2M project to rehab I-465 on the southwest side.