Early Christmas morning house fire displaces 9

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — Nine people were displaced in an early Christmas morning house fire on the city’s near east side Tuesday morning.

According to officials from the Indianapolis Fire Department, a passerby in the area of 25th and College Avenue just before 1:30 a.m. noticed smoke coming from the home and rushed to the front door knocking and yelling to those inside about seeing the fire from the roof.

A preliminary investigation revealed that the fire started from an electrical outlet in one of the upstairs bedrooms.

Damage to the home is listed around  $40,000.

Fire officials also noted that working smoke alarms had not been activated.

No injuries were reported from the incident.

 

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.