A strata is essentially a savory bread pudding that will send your taste buds into the next stratosphere. This particular strata incorporates flavors found in my favorite Greek treat, spanakopita! The croissants work really well in this dish because spanakopita is made of a thin, buttery phyllo dough, and croissants, of course, are a lot lighter and more airy than regular bread.
- 4 croissants, split in half
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Prepare 8 x 8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Arrange croissants in dish. There will be overlapping. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, milk, spinach, green onions, salt, garlic powder, dill, and pepper.
- Pour mixture over croissants. Top with feta and parmesan. You can cover and refrigerate overnight, or bake immediately.
- Remove baking dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.