Severe Thunderstorm Watch issued for much of central Indiana until 8 p.m.

Woman in critical condition after being pulled from burning Muncie apartment

Muncie apartment fire (Photo by Jon Black)

MUNCIE, Ind. – A 58-year-old woman is listed in critical but stable condition after being pulled from a burning apartment near downtown Muncie on Friday.

Fire officials say the woman made it near her front door in the 100 block of North Liberty Street before being rescued by firefighters.

The woman was then transported to IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital.

Firefighters call the incident a “very lucky” situation because of the quick response and timing of the fire.

Investigators believe the blaze started as a cooking fire. Nobody else was injured.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.