INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -- The weather is hot and the entrees are sizzling.
we're cooling you off with a refreshing summer side dish. Chef Rob Koeller is joins us with a recipe for watermelon salsa.
- 5 cups finely diced Watermelon
- 3/4 cup finely diced Yellow Pepper
- 3/4 cup finely Red Pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced Jalapeno Pepper
- 2 large cloves of garlic finely diced, or 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely diced cilantro
- 1–2 tablespoons finely diced mint
Place all the diced or minced ingredients into a large bowl. Zest and juice both limes and add to the bowl. Add the sugar and mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving with chips of choice.
Recipe adapted by Chef Rob Koeller, owner of Culinary Concepts & Hospitality Consultants
For more unique recipe ideas, please visit www.cchconsultants.com