INDIANAPOLIS — FOX59 has been busy behind the scenes getting ready to launch Indy Now, our brand-new entertainment and lifestyle show.
Hosted by Jillian Deam, a former FOX59 reporter and current Indiana Pacers host/emcee, along with Ryan Ahlwardt, a singer-songwriter and voice actor you might recognize from a cappella group Straight No Chaser, the show starts Monday, Sept. 13.
The one-hour show is packed with fun — singing and dancing, comedy, spotlights on local artists, entertainment ideas, things to do around Indy and so much more.
Indy Now airs weekdays at 10 a.m., immediately after FOX59 Morning News.
We won’t give away everything, but here are some week-one highlights:
Monday, Sept. 13
- Colts Cheerleaders and Blue teach Ryan and Jillian a routine
- Artist Justin Vining creates an original painting from start to finish during the show
- Antoni Porowski from Queer Eye teaches Jillian and Ryan to make one of his recipes
- A feature on Nelson Vails, the first African American to win an Olympic medal in cycling
- Ideas for creating an amazing fall tailgate spread from Needler’s
- Lots of surprises!
Tuesday, Sept. 14
- Live music by Rob Dixon, renowned saxophonist and Indy Jazz Fest artistic director
- Artist Gary Gee creates a piece during the show
- Tips to make your own floral arrangements from Willow and Star Flowers
Wednesday, Sept. 15
- St. George’s Festival food preview
- Ryan and Jillian get a lesson in Middle Eastern dancing
- Live, original music from Sarah Scharbrough McLaughlin
Thursday, Sept. 16
- Retired Indiana Fever star Tamika Catchings live in the studio
- Music by country singer Clayton Anderson
- Colts Vice Chair Kalen Jackson tells the story behind the Kicking the Stigma campaign
- Be Our Guest with Salsa Verde
Friday, Sept. 17
- The Film Yap live in the studio
- Music by Eric Maitlen of nonprofit Two Eight Ministries
- The City Moms talk their partnership with the Drew Barrymore Show
- Ryan performs his week-in-review jingle — the first of many!