Most people who want hot sauce with their popcorn just dump it on after popping the kernels. But then you have soggy popcorn.
That’s not the case with this recipe! A spicy sweet sauce made in the MICROWAVE (yes you read that correctly) bakes on like caramel corn. It’s an addicting combination!
Hot Sauce Popcorn
Makes about 10 servings
- 10 cups popcorn
- 2 cups peanuts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Challenge butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Combine popcorn and peanuts in large bowl, set aside.
- Add brown sugar, butter, salt, and chili powder to large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, stir 30 seconds. Cover and microwave again for 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add hot sauce and baking soda. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture over popcorn mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- Spread mixture evenly on baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool for at least one half hour before breaking apart and serving.