This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Banana Applesauce Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 c sugar
- ½ c applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp.salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c flour
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with electric mixer.
- Stir in the sugar and let stand for 15 minutes. Add the applesauce and eggs and beat well.
- Beat in the baking soda, baking powder, salt, and vanilla then gradually beat into flour, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour into 9 x 5-inch loaf pan that has been coated with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (10 servings)
Protein: 3.3 g
Sodium: 512.6 mg
Dietary Fiber: 1.1g