Buffalo Cheese Ranch Snack Mix
- 10 cups assorted Chex cereals (Kim used 2 c. corn, 4 c. rice, 4 c. wheat)
- 2 cups square cheese crackers
- 3 cups tiny twists pretzels
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon regular or hot Buffalo wings sauce
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 packet (1 ounce) ranch dressing mix
- 1½ cups salted peanuts
Preheat oven to 325°F. In a very large bowl, mix together all cereals, crackers and pretzels. In a microwavable bowl, melt butter. Whisk in hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Drizzle over cereal mixture and toss lightly to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and ranch mix. Toss lightly to coat all pieces.
Spread mixture on two large (18 x 13-inch) baking sheets. Bake about 20 minutes, stirring several times during cooking, until pieces begin to crisp. Remove from oven, stir in peanuts, and let cool. (Pieces will crisp up as they dry). Store in tightly covered container until serving time.
Makes about 15 cups (30 servings of ½ cup each)
Recipe by culinary dietitian and nutritionist Kim Galeaz, RDN CD