Coconut Curry Chicken Soup with Ramen Noodles
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups thinly sliced carrots
- 3 large garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 3 -4 cups lower sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-15 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk (Kim used light)
- 1 ½ cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles, roughly broken (throw away seasoning packet)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon each black pepper and salt
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (white and/or dark meat)
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Add carrots and garlic and cook 3-6 minutes or until carrots are crisp/tender. Stir frequently. Add chicken broth, coconut milk, broccoli, ramen noodles, curry powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer about 3-5 minutes. Stir in shredded chicken and cook until heated thoroughly.
Makes about 4 servings.
Recipe by culinary nutritionist & dietitian Kim Galeaz, RDN CD