This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
AMOUNT FOR 2 SERVINGS
- 1 can (9 oz) light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 10 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 oz green beans, trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch lengths
- 3 oz snow peas, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tsp milk
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease two 3-cup ovenproof dishes. Bring coconut milk to a simmer on medium heat. Stir in the curry paste and cook and stir 1-2 mins or until fragrant. Stir in the ground almonds. Add the chicken and simmer 4-5 mins or until cooked through. Stir in the sugar and fish sauce; cook for 1 min. Remove from heat; add beans, snow peas and cilantro.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dishes. Cut pastry into 4 squares. Place 2 pieces of pastry on top of each dish and pinch edges to seal. Brush with milk. Using a knife, cut an X in the center. Place dishes on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with cumin seeds.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Rob Koeller-owner of culinary concepts & hospitality consultants.