Elotes-style Corn Dip
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 each jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons queso fresco
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 each clove garlic, pressed
- Juice of 1 lime
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add corn kernels and jalapeño, and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and slightly charred, about 8-10 minutes.
Stir in mayonnaise, cotija, cilantro, chili powder, garlic and lime juice.
Recipe adapted by Chef Rob Koeller, owner of Culinary Concepts & Hospitality Consultants