Lemon Garlic Salmon and Savory Potatoes
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes or fingerling potatoes
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons corn or soybean oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 salmon steaks or filets (about 5 to 7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon very finely minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- Lemon wedges for serving
Heat oven to 425⁰ F. Cut potatoes into equal-sized chunks if necessary. Toss with 2 tablespoons oil, pepper, salt and Italian seasoning. Place in foil-lined large sheet pan (18×13-inch). Roast in oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until desired doneness.
While potatoes roast, prepare salmon. Pat salmon pieces dry. Arrange in foil-lined sheet pan (10×15-inch or larger) skin side down. Mix remaining 2 teaspoons oil with lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and pepper. Rub on salmon. Place in oven last 10 minutes of potato roasting. Cook until salmon flakes easily, about 10 minutes per inch. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Enjoy with lemon wedges and savory potatoes.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe created by culinary nutritionist & dietitian Kim Galeaz RDN CD