This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Ocean Prime Crab Cakes
- Lump crab 1 lbs.
- Jumbo lump crab 1 lbs.
- Mayonnaise ½ cup
- Dijon mustard ½ tbsp
- Worcestershire ½ tbsp
- Tabasco ¼ tbsp
- Italian parsley, chopped ½ tbsp
- Yellow onion, minced by hand 1 oz
- Celery, peeled, minced by hand 1 oz
- Kosher salt ½ tbsp
- White pepper ¼ tbsp
- Eggs 2 each
- Bread crumbs ½ cups
- Lemon juice ½ tbsp
- Blended Oil 1 tbsp
- Water 1 oz
- Seafood seasoning as needed
- Combine all ingredients except crabmeat and breadcrumbs
- Gently combine lump crab and bread crumbs
- Combine jumbo lump crab with lump crab, bread crumbs and remaining ingredients, do not break up the crab
- Chill crab mix before portioning, at least an hour but up to 24 hours.
- On a baking sheet, place the blended oil and water
- Place the crab mix on the baking sheet and push down to form a mounded cake shape
1.5 -2 oz per cake
- Season top of crab cake with seafood seasoning and place in preheated 350 degree oven
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes or until cake is hot and has come color and has some brown color on top
- Garnish as desired
Recipe courtesy Ocean Prime