One-minute Microwave Quiche in a Mug
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole milk (substitutes: half and half or heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoon melted unsalted butter
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 small grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 cup torn pieces of fresh bread
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese (e.g., cheddar cheese, mozzarella, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried herbs, plus more for garnish (e.g., green onions, Italian parsley, chives, etc.)
SUPPLIES: Mug, whisk
In a microwavable mug, add egg, milk, melted butter, salt, and pepper and whisk until thoroughly mixed and egg whites are completely broken up. Add halved grape tomatoes, torn bread, grated cheese, and chopped herbs on top of egg mixture, making sure ingredients are evenly dispersed and have not settled to bottom of mug. Ingredients will stay settled within the quiche mixture better if you do not whisk ingredients into egg mixture.
Place mug in microwave, and cook on high for 1 minute, just until egg is completely cooked and quiche is slightly puffed. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve immediately.