This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Yields 12 doughnut holes
For the doughnuts
- 3/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/3 cups oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
For the topping
- 1/4 cups (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/3 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine milk, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir only to combine.
- Distribute batter evenly between 12-cup muffin pa.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a bowl.
- Combine the white sugar with the cinnamon in another bowl.
- Take muffins out of the oven and remove from the pan while still hot. I was worried they would stick, but they just popped right out!
- Dip the muffins into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon / sugar mix.
- Let cool.
Recipe courtesy of Kylee’s Kitchen