This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ pound lean ground beef (5% fat or less)
- ¼ cup fat-free mild salsa
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 reduced-calorie whole wheat hamburger buns
- Preheat broiler. Spray broiler pan with nonstick spray.
- Place beans in a large bowl and mash coarsely with potato masher or large fork (some beans should remain whole for texture). Add beef, salsa, parsley, and salt and mix with spoon or your hands until blended.
- Shape into 6 patties and place patties on broiler pan. Broil, turning once, until cooked through and browned, about 10 minutes. Serve in buns.
Per serving (1 sandwich): 239 Cal, 6 g Total Fat, 2 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 38 mg Chol, 497 mg Sod, 29 g Total Carb, 6 g Fib, 19 g Prot, 66 mg Calc. PPV: 6