This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon filets
- Pour soy sauce, brown sugar, water, olive oil, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour that mixture into a gallon-size Ziploc bag.
- Place the salmon in the bag, seal it, and turn it so the meaty side of the salmon is soaking in the mixture
- Refrigerate the bag and let the salmon marinate for a minimum of 45 minutes to a maximum of about 4 hours.
- After marinating, preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take a big sheet of aluminum foil and fold it so it forms a little packet. Make an aluminum foil packet for each individual salmon filet.
- Spray the aluminum foil packet with cooking spray
- Put one filet in one foil packet. Do the same for each filet
- Put the foil packets on a baking sheet to give the foil packets a sturdier foundation
- Bake the salmon for about 15 minutes.
- The salmon is done when it is pale pink and flakes easily
Recipe courtesy of Kylee’s Kitchen