This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Ingredients for the Biscuit
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons cold butter, cut into ½ inch slices
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Ingredients for the Cobbler
- 1 cup pecans, lightly toasted
- 10 peaches, cut into ½ inch slices
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and powder and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or 2 forks, cut in butter, until size of peas.
- Gently stir in buttermilk, just until dough comes together, do not overwork.
- Transfer to a floured space and gently pat out to a ¾ inch disk.
- Cut into biscuits and place on a lined, greased baking sheet, brushing with heavy cream and sugar.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes until lightly golden.
- While biscuits are cooking combine the pecans, peaches, sugars, cornstarch, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Spread into a greased baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 30 more minutes.
- Arrange biscuits over cobbler and bake for 5 minutes longer.
- Serve warm or room temp.