This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Yield: 4 cups
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces (about 4 cups) unsalted pecans halves
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sugars, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white and vanilla together until frothy. Add the pecans and gently toss until the pecans are well coated. Add the sugar and cinnamon mixture and toss until pecans are covered.
- Spread the pecans out in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. The sugar mixture will harden on the pecans.
- Remove from the oven and let the pecans cool on the baking sheet. When completely cool, store in an airtight container
Recipe courtesy of Kylee’s Kitchen.