This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
- 1 can of biscuits
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8th cup maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons of water
- 4-6 pieces of cooked and roughly chopped bacon
- In a pot or pan, add about 2-3 inches of vegetable oil.
- Heat up the oil to 325 or until when a drop of water is added it sizzles.
- While the oil is heating up, take out the can of biscuits and lay out individually.
- Take a small circle cookie cutter and cut out the middle to look like a donut (save the middles to make donut holes if desired).
- Once oil is hot, add donuts gently to the pot/pan and cook until golden brown on both sides (might need to do in batches so it is not overcrowded).
- Lay out on a paper towel to absorb the grease once it is done.
- While donuts are cooling slightly, beat together the sugar, syrup and water.
- Dip the top of the donuts in the glaze and sprinkle with the bacon bits right away. Then enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of DIY Gourmet