This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
- 4 baking apples, cored and halved
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place apples, cut side up, in 9×13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Sprinkle water in bottom of baking dish. Cover baking dish with foil. Bake apples until tender when pierced with tip of knife, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle apples evenly with walnuts.
Per serving (2 apple halves): 144 Cal, 4 g Total Fat, 0 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 0 mg Chol, 3 mg Sod, 30 g Total Carb, 5 g Fib, 2 g Prot, 38 mg Calc. PPV: 4