This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Servings: Makes about 6 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ear sweet corn, husked
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, or the juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato slices with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a grill over medium heat. Cook until tender, about 5-6 minutes on each side. (If you don’t have a grill, you can roast the sweet potatoes in your oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 25 minutes.
- When the sweet potatoes are close to being done, place the ear of corn on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, rotating so the kernels get slightly charred.
- Let the sweet potatoes and corn cool to room temperature.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into cubes and place in a large bowl. With a sharp knife, remove the corn kernels from the cob. Add the corn to the bowl.
- Stir in black beans, red pepper, green onions, and cilantro.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the salad and stir until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve.
Note: The salad will keep in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Recipe courtesy of Kylee’s Kitchen