11-year-old boy severely burned in explosion at Madison County home

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MARKLEVILLE, Ind. – An 11-year-old boy was severely burned in an explosion at a Madison County home Saturday morning.

The Madison Co Sheriff’s Office says it happened around 11 a.m. in the 7300 block of South 25 East between Pendleton and Markleville.

Investigators believe the boy was trying to light a gas heater located in a homemade kennel in a semi trailer near the home. Deputies say there were three puppies in the kennel at the time of the explosion and all of them survived.

Deputies say family members were in the residence approximately 100 yards away from the kennel when the explosion occurred.

The 11-year-old was airlifted to Riley Hospital for Children around noon. He was in critical condition as of Sunday.

Most Popular

Latest News

More News