SOUTH BEND, Ind.— University of Notre Dame officials say two minor fires were extinguished at concession stands in the football stadium prior to a game.
University spokesman Dennis Brown says one fire at a concession stand happened at about 11:30 a.m. Saturday because there were too many cooking fuel cans in a hot box. The South Bend Tribune (http://bit.ly/2fbnOg2 ) reports two workers were treated for injuries.
Brown said an hour later there was another small fire at a pretzel stand and it was quickly extinguished. He says an electrical cord was the cause of that fire. No injuries were reported.
The football game between Notre Dame and Virginia Tech kicked off at 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time.