Bird nest sparked fire at Fishers home on Christmas Eve

News

Photo credit: Fishers Fire Department

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

FISHERS, Ind. (AP) — Authorities said a birds’ nest on top of flood lights is believed to be the cause of a Christmas Eve fire that damaged a suburban Indianapolis house.

No injuries were reported.

The call for the fire came in around 9 p.m. Tuesday, according to Fishers Fire Department Captain John Mehling. He said firefighters arriving at the scene encountered heavy fire from the attic and battled the blaze at the two-story house.

He said firefighters made “an aggressive attack” and were able to contain “the brunt of the fire to the attic space,” according to a statement.

No estimates on the damage were immediately available.

Most Popular

Latest News

More News