CHICAGO (May 8, 2015) – Mother’s Day is fast approaching, but it’s not too late to find the perfect gift. Groupon has an innovative gift to help people who can’t make it home to celebrate the day with their moms in person. The gift is called, “A Mother’s Love is Priceless,” and for just $25,000 a perfect child stand-in will travel to spend the day with Mom. The child stand-in, Johnny Cadillac, is a highly trained Groupon employee who will spend the day with Mom doing all the things she has always lovingly nagged about – eating all the vegetables on a plate, rinsing dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, and more.
“While you can’t really put a price tag on hanging out with Mom on Mother’s Day, we think we’ve found the next best solution,” said Johnny Cadillac, Groupon Son. “I’m incredibly skilled at all of the things Mom has always asked you to do––even though you and I both know they’re for your own good.”
The entire ”A Mother’s Love is Priceless” stand-in experience includes:
- One Groupon employee to fill in for you with your mom on Mother’s Day
- 16 hours of enthusiastic obedience as your Groupon proxy dotes on your mother and completes common household chores
- Airfare for your Groupon proxy to travel to your mother’s home (valid only in the continental U.S.)
- A $5,000 shopping spree for Mom at her favorite local stores
- A one-day stretch limo rental
- House-cleaning services
- A family photo
- A catered, in-home family dinner for up to six people, including centerpieces, candelabras, linens and food
In addition to the ”A Mother’s Love is Priceless” experience, Groupon also has several free last-minute Mother’s Day gifting options, including:
- Give Mom a Break with The Chore Wheel– This Mother’s Day, give Mom the break she deserves by leaving any and all labor or upkeep to whomever is close by and also not Mom. Groupon customers receive a two-part chore wheel with customizable chore fields and completely un-customizable fields for assigning a worker to each task. Some assembly is required, specifically by any person other than Mom.
- One Official Timeout for Mom– When presented with a task, great or small, Mothers can just present their Official Timeout for a reprieve from all responsibilities. While a great item to use on Mother’s Day, the Official Timeout has no expiration date and can be reused any time Mom needs some me-time.
- Outstanding Achievement in Human Creation Award– On a biological level, Mothers are the genesis and building blocks for all scientific discoveries. In the argument of “Which came first, the Mother or the scientist?” Moms are the clear answer. Recognize your Mother’s advancements in the fields of biology and human sciences with this totally real and really scientific prize. Nominees receive a voucher that doubles as a custom certificate heaping deserved praise on mothers for their breakthroughs in creating human life.
- The Mom-A-Phone– Groupon’s new innovation, The Mom-A-Phone, helps Moms make sure their message is heard while cutting down on avoidable punishments for neglected chores. The conical amplification system fits comfortably in front of the mouth, turning up the volume on mothers’ voices so instructions can fight through tiny ears clogged by sound-dampening ossicles, ensuring that requests will never be missed again. Moms delight in being heard, and kids feel relief after finally having direction in their lives.
View the complete Groupon Mother’s Day Gift Shop here.