Carbon monoxide poisoning blamed for Merrillville family’s death

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MERRILLVILLE – Four members of a Merrillville family died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, investigators say.

The two adults and two children were found dead Wednesday night when police conducted a welfare check.

They were identified as 41-year-old Michael Nichols, 38-year-old Kennetha Purnell, 13-year-old Matthew Nichols and 11-year-old Morgan Nichols.

The family had recently moved into the home and didn’t have the electricity turned on. Instead, they were using a gas generator that was stored in the garage.

Investigators said there was no ventilation in the home, and that all the windows and doors were shut. They believe the deaths are accidental.

Most Popular

Latest News

More News