Coroner: 2-year-old girl died from carbon monoxide poisoning, severe burns after New Whiteland fire

News

Manserat Kaur

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

NEW WHITELAND, Ind. (April 19, 2016) – A 2-year-old girl who died in a fire in February suffered from carbon monoxide intoxication and severe burns, the coroner’s office said Tuesday.

Manserat Kaur died after a fire broke out at a home in the 700 block of Hickory Pine Drive on Feb. 23. The Marion County Coroner’s Office ruled her death accidental.

Fire crews were called to the home during the afternoon and said the 2-year-old had gotten trapped on the second floor. Fire crews rescued the little girl and rushed her to a hospital, but she succumbed to her injuries.

The girl’s mother made the initial call, telling dispatchers the house was fully engulfed and her daughter was trapped inside. The mother suffered from smoke inhalation and also went to the hospital.

Most Popular

Latest News

More News