INDIANAPOLIS – The 17-year-old at the center of last week’s crime spree appeared in adult court Wednesday—and now prosecutors say they will seek adult charges against the 15-year-old suspect in the case.
Sirquain Burr is being held without bond on a litany of charges, including murder, attempted murder, robbery, attempted robbery and auto theft in connection with a crime spree that primarily took place on Feb. 13.
Prosecutors confirmed Wednesday that they will seek to charge the other 15-year-old suspect as an adult.
Investigators said Burr and the other teen are responsible for the death of John Yingling, a 38-year-old man gunned down in his own truck on the south side during a robbery on the morning of Feb. 13.
Before Yingling’s death, prosecutors said Burr and the 15-year-old suspect robbed a woman at gunpoint in her garage and tried to rob a jogger. After shooting Yingling, the pair is accused of shooting a man who was walking his dog on the west side. They were in a stolen vehicle, police say, that officers spotted shortly after that shooting.
When officers tried to stop that vehicle—a blue Ford SUV—the teens drove off, starting a pursuit that ended in a multi-vehicle crash in Brownsburg.