SOLSBERRY, Ind. (July 25, 2014) — Jason Lee Caldwell, 35, has been formally charged with the murder of 54-year-old David Lamm, both of Solsberry, Indiana.
State Police say they found evidence that Caldwell shot and killed Lamm sometime after nightfall on July 18. They say Caldwell was waiting for Lamm in his driveway. Detectives also found evidence Lamm raped a woman in Caldwell’s home after the murder.
Several items including credit cards, weapons, prescription drugs and a Jeep Commander were taken from the residence.
Jason Lee Caldwell has been charged with:
1) Murder, Class A Felony
2) Robbery with a Deadly Weapon (2 Counts), Class B Felony
3) Burglary with a Deadly Weapon, Class B Felony
4) Rape with a Deadly Weapon, (2 Counts) Class A Felony
5) Criminal Confinement with a Deadly Weapon, Class B Felony
6) Auto Theft, Class D Felony
7) Theft, Class D Felony
If convicted, Caldwell could face over 200 years in prison.