LOS ANGELES (KTSM) – Comedian Dave Chappelle was attacked by a man while performing on stage at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles Tuesday night.
According to published reports, the unidentified man jumped on stage, rushed and tackled Chappelle, and then attempted to run away.
Reports indicate that the man was then surrounded by security at the rear of the stage and subdued.
Social media videos and photos of the attack have been posted, despite organizers holding festival attendee’s phones for the duration of the performances.
Shortly after the attack, attendees say fellow comedian Chris Rock took to the stage with Chappelle and quipped, “Was that Will Smith?” The joke was in reference to Rock being slapped by Will Smith during this year’s Academy Awards, after Rock made a joke about Smith’s wife, Jada.
Chappelle was performing as part of a comedy festival, the Netflix Is A Joke-Fest.
- Eli Lilly, Roche leaders discuss future for health innovations
- Woman seen punching flight attendant in video gets prison time
- David Malukas, Colton Herta suffer back-to-back Carb Day crashes
- Starbucks sued by Nevada trooper who alleges iced coffee contained meth
- Giants’ Kapler won’t take field for national anthem: ‘I am not okay with the state of this country’
- Go on now, low departs