INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Indiana State Fair)– The Indiana State Fair is in the business of making memories, which is why fair officials are once again offering a plethora of discounts and deals to make the fair as affordable as possible for all families. More than a dozen different special pricing programs are part of this year’s fair, including the wildly popular $2 Tuesday promotion that allows fairgoers to be admitted for just $2 and then find lots of $2 food items on both Tuesdays of the fair.
“We don’t want price to be a barrier to people looking to spend some quality time with their families at a treasured Indiana tradition,” Indiana State Fair Executive Director Cindy Hoye said. “We’ve held our admission prices steady for the past few years even as we continue to add new programming and special discounts, and we’ll keep doing that as long as we can.”
One of the best deals to be had at this year’s fair is from North American Midway Entertainment, which provides the fair’s rides and games. Midway wristbands for all-day rides can be purchased at a $10 savings when bought online at www.indianastatefair.com by July 31.
Here is a complete list of the special values at this year’s fair:
- Midway Deals – North American Midway Entertainment offers special vouchers for midway wristbands for just $20 when purchased at indianastatefair.com through July 31. That’s a $10 savings for each wristband purchased!
- Free admission ticket in the Indianapolis Star – On Monday, Aug. 4, the Indianapolis Star will print a ticket good for free admission to the fair on Wednesday, Aug. 6.
- Meijer Day – Meijer customers get 50 percent off one fair admission (a $5 value) on Aug. 4 when they buy a select item July 24 – Aug. 4. The Catalina coupon print from Meijer is required at fair entrance gate.
- $2 Tuesdays – On Tuesday, Aug. 5 and Tuesday, Aug. 12, visitors are admitted for just $2, an $8 savings on gate admission (no printed voucher required). Also, all midway rides are just $2 each.
- $2 Taste of the State Fair – Also on both Tuesdays of the fair, Aug. 5 and 12, concessionaires all over the fairgrounds will have $2 servings all day long!
- Free admission for Indiana state employees – All state employees are admitted for free on Thursday, Aug. 7, with the presentation of a State employee ID badge.
- Free admission for Military personnel and families – The State Fair is honoring our current and former members of the Armed Forces by offering free admission for them and family members on Thursday, Aug. 7, with the presentation of a military ID.
- Free lottery ticket voucher – On Hoosier Lottery Day, Saturday, Aug. 9, all guests over the age of 18 can redeem their fair admission ticket stub for a free lottery ticket voucher from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Lotto Town at the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand.
- IPL Carload Day – Large families and groups of friends can save big on Monday, Aug. 11. Admission is just $15 per vehicle for up to 10 people with a voucher printed from www.IPLpower.com.
- myBMV.com Discount Day – Fairgoers can save $5 off of the $10 gate admission on Wednesday, Aug. 13 by redeeming the voucher available online at www.mybmv.com.
- AAA Day – Hoosier AAA members receive free admission on Thursday, Aug. 14 when they show their valid 2014 AAA membership card at the gate. (One valid AAA card per person.)
- $5 Foodie Friday – On Friday, Aug. 15, all visitors are admitted for just $5 (no printed voucher required) and all concessionaires will offer an item at a discounted price!
- $2 discount on Pepsi Wild Cherry Day with Pepsi brand can – All visitors who bring any Pepsi brand can on the fair’s final day Sunday, Aug. 17, will receive $2 off the gate admission.
In addition to those great deals, here are several more tips for budget minded fairgoers:
- Buy discount admission tickets in advance for just $7 ($3 off gate admission) at indianastatefair.com through July 31 or while supplies last at any participating Indiana Walmart store or all Indiana CVS/pharmacy stores.
- Take advantage of the free Indiana State Fair shuttle by parking at Glendale Mall’s Rural Street lot. The shuttle runs every 20 minutes from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. each day of the fair.
- Save $1 off fair admission when biking to the State Fair and using one of the secured bike racks available on the Monon Trail at 38th Street from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. You must enter through Gate 18 to receive the discount.
- Seniors (age 55 and older) can ride the tractor shuttles around the fairgrounds for just $3 a day with a wristband purchased from one of the four State Fair Prairie Farms Information Booths located inside Gate 6; on State Fair Blvd.; near Gate 1 north of the covered bridge; and in Pioneer Village near the Family Fun Park; or inside Gate 12 at the ScootAround rental booth and the State Fair Gift Shop on Main Street. Seniors ride free on Golden Hoosiers’ Day, Aug. 5.
Regular gate admission price for the fair is still $10 with kids 5 and younger admitted free. The fair runs Aug. 1 – 17.