Faulty chimney flue causes major damage in Saturday night house fire

News

House fire on Heather Beach Lane – picture courtesy of Wayne Twp Fire Dept

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SPEEDWAY, Ind. — A faulty chimney flue is believed to be the cause of a house fire Saturday night on Heather Beach Lane, just south of Crawfordsville Road, on the far west side of Indianapolis.

Both Wayne Township and the Speedway Fire Department responded to the incident around 9:00 p.m.  and found flames coming from the top of the roof on the second floor.

No one was injured from the incident as the home sustained around $75,000 in damage.

Most Popular

Latest News

More News