INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – An increase in vehicle thefts have been reported at IUPUI.
Three vehicle thefts have been reported in the last week, according to IUPD.
The first two happened last Thursday, May 19. One of the vehicles was stolen from the Blackford Street garage at 725 West North Street, between 9:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. The other was taken from Lot 86 at 251 Blake Street between 4:30 p.m. and 7:15 p.m.
The third vehicle was stolen Tuesday from Lot 85 at 355 North Blackford Street between 8:50 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
There is no current suspect information, but the community is encouraged to report any suspicious people or activity observed on the IUPUI campus to IUPD.
In an effort to keep yourself and others safe, police ask you to consider the following safety tips:
- Always roll up your windows and lock your car and take your car keys with you.
- Do not keep spare keys in your vehicle.
- Remember to activate your car alarm system if you have one.
- Consider using antitheft devices.
- Always report suspicious behavior.
Anyone with information on this crime or any other crime is encouraged to call the IU Police Department – Indianapolis at (317) 274-7911.You can also call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-262-TIPS.