BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (October 20, 2014) – Indiana University issued a crime alert Sunday night after a robbery.
The robbery occurred around 10:15 p.m. near 3rd Street and Union Street on the southeastern part of the IU campus.
No weapon was used and no injuries are reported. The suspect ran away.
IUPD wants to share several safety tips in an effort to keep students safe:
- When going out, make sure someone knows where you are going, who you are with, and when you expect to return.
- Be sure to carry a cell phone, a form of identification, and money.
- Always know the way back home. Don’t take shortcuts through potentially dangerous areas. Even if the safest way home is longer, take that route.
- When walking, keep your ears clear of headphones and your hands free of packages or bags.
- Always report suspicious behavior, even if you are not being directly threatened.
- Update your information on the IU Notify page to receive the most up to date notifications. Instructions for how to update your contact information are found at http://kb.iu.edu/data/avvp.html.
Call 911 in case of emergencies or 812-855-4111 to report any suspicious or criminal activity on or around campus.