This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


Court records updated Tuesday show a Marion County judge has ordered Cameron Parks to home detention and GPS monitoring, three days after this arrest for allegedly shooting his son’s football coach.

Records also show an $80,000 surety bond was received, meaning $8,000 was paid to a bail agent. 


INDIANAPOLIS — Police have a man in custody after they say he shot his son’s football coach.

The IMPD says Cameron Parks shot a man on November 22 after an argument stemming from a youth football game in Tennessee.

According to a probable cause affidavit filed in the case, officers responding to the 3600 block of North Chester Avenue found the victim suffering from an apparent gunshot wound to the left leg.

While investigating the shooting, police learned that Parks’ son is on the victim’s traveling football team and injured his leg during the Tennessee game and had to go to the hospital. While at the hospital, a witness told police Parks told the coach and his girlfriend that “they would have to move or would live in fear.”

Police also learned from another witness that a person forced a man at gunpoint to knock on the victim’s door. When the victim opened the door, the man warned him that the other person had a gun. The victim tried to close the door, but the court document reads the other person, described as a 5’10” Black male wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, kicked the door before shooting through it.

The court document also details cell phone records of threatening messages from Parks to the victim along with a threatening phone call.

On Saturday, detectives with the IMPD Violent Crimes Unit and an officer with the north district arrested Parks. He faces charges of:

  • Aggravated Battery
  • Kidnapping
  • Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Serious Violent Felon
  • Battery by Means of a Deadly Weapon
  • Intimidation
  • Pointing a Firearm