INDIANAPOLIS — Investigators say errant fireworks were to blame for a residence fire late Sunday night on the city’s near west side.

Firefighters were called to the 1300 block of Sharon Ave., where they found a fire on a deck. It took about twenty minutes to get the fire under control.

A 23-year-old man and his 24-year-old wife managed to escape the fire without injury. The couple managed to grab one of their three dogs as they left the home.

A second dog was rescued and taken to a veterinarian with breathing issues. The third dog died in the fire.